Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rapping and Blogging

Rapping had become more popular now of days than when i was entering high school. But to me I do not think that rapping causes cultural narcissism because many rappers sing about their lives and want to get a message out for those people following down the path that they were headed. Rapping to me is a way to express themselves out loud in a rythmic fashion. I have written poetry and I do consider my self to be self centered. I just think if I trying to get my voice heard or thiungs off my chest that is to me the best way to do. Now on the other hand I do think that blogging even though I do to some extent is causing cultural narcissism because like on myspace people write blogs about their dates, and fights they had with their friends. They do not try to help people in the way they do or inform people, they do it to get noticed. Many people on myspace write about themselves moreless. I am not going to sit here and say that I have not done it but I do think blogging is self-centered when you talk about things that are irrelevant to the situation. I am blogging about an article we had to read but it is relevant to what we had an assignment on. Rappers and bloggers might be the same in some ways but I do not think that rapping is self centered.

1 comment:

Ms. Brown said...

There certainly is the question of whether being self-centered is such a bad thing in the first place. Artists in general are often characterized as narcissistic.